Host your own web pages, images, videos, data and downloadable files directly from your Excel® session to other users on your local network.
- Multithreaded, C# add-in using Govert van Drimmelen's Excel-DNA
- Publishes anything in the same directory as the add-in file (HTML.xll), and in all sub-directories
- Provides the standard HTML port (80) so users can simply call your web address without having to add a port number (e.g. http://192.168.1.212)
- Automatically produces it's own QR code for publicizing your site's address and default index.html file (whether internal or user-created)
- Although Twitter doesn't allow links to local network addresses (because they can't sell the information)
you can tweet a link to your PC by preceeding your IP address with our "bounce#" URL e.g.
- My pages are available at http://excelxll.com/bounce#192.168.1.212 whilst the server is down
That'll teach them to suspend my Twitter account.
- Supports the downloading of MP4 videos to the iPad®
- For disaster recovery support HTML.xll contains a built-in web form (Default-Form) so users on your local network can update a CSV file (Default-Form.csv) the add-in creates in your temp directory; it is called using a single star (e.g. http://192.168.1.212/*)
- Automatically uses the last (or only) network address it detects, but for PC's with multiple network connections you can set addresses and ports in the file name (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org services calls made to http://220.127.116.11:2020 using port 2020)
- All threads end when the Excel® session is closed
- Free to use and distribute
- For emergency situations using open networks, receive data from a fully encrypted web form with our dr.xll add-in
- ©Mark Llewellyn 2020
For custom configurations please contact: